Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Saving Money

Wow every time I open my mail, (and it is often a bill....a utility bill) I think WHEN will these go down instead of up and up! 

Here is a tip for saving on heating and energy costs.

Install a programmable thermostat with a built-in timer. You can set it to lower the heat by a few degrees at night and when you are away, or turn off off the AC when you leave for the day.  Contrary to popular belief, this method uses

less electricity than having the AC constantly maintain a cool temperature! Your savings can easily pay for the cost of the

thermostat (as little as $50) in the first year by varying the temperature just a few degrees at night or when you are away. 

Just think of the savings over 5 or 10 years!

Plus I find the temptation to turn it up just 1 degree is gone, knowing it will lower its self when I go away and turn up about a 1/2 hr before I get home or get up.  

Its a little thing, but all little things can add up!


















No comments:

Post a Comment