Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Professional Representation for Professional Results

Listing your house yourself might seem like an easy way to save money. After all, how hard could it be to place a sign on your front lawn and wait for offers to come in? Judging from the number of property owners who end up switching to a real estate agent after trying the self-sell route, it’s not as easy as it looks!
Potential real estate do-it-yourselfers are urged to consider these points:

1. Am I well versed in the legal requirements involved in selling my house? Am I capable of handling legal contract, agreements and any disputes with potential purchasers either before or after the offer is presented?
2. Do I know all the necessary steps involved in listing the property? Am I familiar with inspection and closing procedures, and all the paperwork involved?
3. Do I have a reputable lawyer who specialized in real estate laws and regulation? Do I have access to qualified inspectors and other professionals?
4. Am I confident that the price I’m listing the house for is fair? Am I comfortable trying to negotiate pricing, and dealing with financing?
5. Is my time flexible for showings, and do I know how to screen unqualified prospects before they take up my time?
Remember that a qualified real estate agent will take care of these details and more, in addition to ensuring that your property is advertised to as many potential buyers as possible through several advertising means.
Call me if you are thinking of selling your house – it’s my job to make it as easy and profitable for you as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment